- Covid-19 Statement
Dear Valued Customer,
In light of the ongoing issues relating to the spread of the Coronavirus, Alliance Fluid Handling wanted to inform you of the actions we have taken to help stop the spread of the virus and to support our employees, whilst continuing to offer an exceptional service to our customers during this very difficult time.
Obviously, we are actively monitoring this rapidly evolving situation and are receiving communications from our European suppliers on a daily basis. In addition, we are receiving numerous phone calls and emails from our customers asking what action we are taking to prevent the spread of the virus.
The health and well-being of our employees is our key priority and we are doing all that we can to secure a safe work environment. We already have high hygiene and safety standards, however, under the current circumstances we have implemented the following extra measures and precautions.
- All Alliance Fluid Handling work colleagues including Engineers have been informed of their responsibility to ensure both their personal hygiene and work area meets all health and safety guidelines as stated by Public Health England.
- We have provided guidance to our staff to help prevent the spread of infection, including providing individuals with hand sanitiser and tissues. Numerous signs have been posted through our Head Office informing staff of how to wash their hands correctly and to keep the building clean at all times.
- All staff have been asked to minimise contact with each other and to keep adequate space between work colleagues whilst at work.
- An internal reporting procedure, including emergency telephone numbers, has been implemented for staff to report ill health either of themselves or close family members, which may result in self isolation.
- Alliance Fluid Handling will follow government guidelines in relation to any work colleagues returning from foreign holidays including self isolation if required.
- All non critical visitors to our site have been suspended until further notice
- From the 16th March we are stopping our external sales team from travelling throughout the UK and Ireland. They will now become office based and will continue to support customers by email and phone calls.
- Our Engineers will continue, at customers request, to make site visits to carry our critical repairs and maintenance of equipment. This will be dependent on our customer’s own coronavirus, external visit, site policy.
- Travel to countries within high risk areas has been stopped until further notice.
- Where appropriate, work colleagues will be encouraged to work from home.
- We have prepared contingency plans for different situations that may arise in the coming weeks.
Many of our industry’s suppliers are from high risk European countries. This has meant that they have had to take very strict action, including running on skeleton staff or closing manufacturing sites completely. This will impact spares and equipment availability and may delay deliveries of products. We would ask our customers for their patience in this matter and our sales team will keep you informed of any delays.
Finally, we are here to help you in anyway possible. We have engineers available to respond to any breakdown and a large stores area, holding an extensive range of spares available on a next day delivery.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this email or wish to discuss a specific issue.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Ray Lilley and Adam Chambers